- Social Widget
K12HSN Technology News
- E-rate modernization brief
- CDE: On July 11, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) approved the first of what is likely to be several E-rate modernization orders.
- Upcoming E-Rate and CTF Training
- CDE: The California Department of Education (CDE), in conjunction with the K-12 High Speed Network (K12HSN), is pleased to announce the Fall 2014E-rate training dates available to all local educational agencies, libraries, and service providers in Calif
- California Teleconnect Fund Revisions
- CDE: The CTF is also undergoing revision and a Staff Proposal was published in 2013 that outlined the proposed changes, and opened the discussion to public comments. Background information and archived workshops regarding the proposed revisions...
- How do teachers, parents approach online safety?
- eSchool News: Today, children in elementary school often have just as much, if not more, technology know-how than adults. But as children’s tech use increases, and as they spend more time online, digital citizenship and safety issues become even more im
- 5 emerging trends in today’s libraries
- eSchool News: Technology and digital resources are expanding rapidly in U.S. libraries, and important tech tools that serve entire communities are available at nearly all libraries across the nation.
- Is U.S. innovation lacking?
- eSchool News: Measuring innovation is critical to change and improvement in education–and in fact, knowing how practices impact education on an international scale could improve education across the globe, according to a new report that seeks to measure
- Over-filtering of Internet Content Hurts K-12 Educ
- THE Journal: According to a report from the American Library Association (ALA), schools and libraries are routinely filtering Internet content far more what the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) requires.
- Three new developments in K-12 technology integrat
- eSchool News: The Software & Information Industry Association’s (SIIA) 2014 Vision K-20 report/annual survey reveals that mobile tech, online assessments are key issues.
- A gaming site for science concepts
- eSchool News: The Possible Worlds digital games are designed to help improve student understanding of phenomena that are often the subject of scientific misconceptions.
- 5 ways the Common Core isn’t college-ready
- eCampus News: New brief urges higher education, states to better align Common Core with higher ed practices.
- 10 Steps That Protect the Privacy of Student Data
- THE Journal: CoSN is now offering a free toolkit to help districts navigate the tricky issue of data privacy. Lesson number one: Complying with FERPA and COPPA is just the beginning.
- Tricks of the Trade
BoE Community Group Activity