- Social Widget
K12HSN Technology News
- The Long and Bumpy Road to Going Digital
- MindShift: Ryan Imbriale had a quick and concise answer when asked whether his school district, Baltimore County Public Schools, received enough state funding to pay for its transition from textbooks to software: “No.”
- Digital Career Readiness Curriculum To Be Built By
- THE Journal: A non-profit and for-profit company that both supply digital tools to help students and schools with educational resources will team up to create a curriculum intended to help at-risk students prepare for careers.
- Special Ed Target of $4 Million in Federal Grants
- THE Journal: A total of $4 million in federal funds is being awarded to institutions training the next generation of special education professionals.
- Teaching with Minecraft? Gamification for K12
- THE Journal: Instructure has launched a series of massive open online courses (MOOCs) for K-12 teachers, students and parents, including two that use Minecraft to help teachers implement gamification best practices in the classroom.
- Increased Child Poverty Rate Impacts Youngest
- Hechinger Report: The Annie E. Casey Foundation is out with its 25th KIDS COUNT Data Book, which has been providing the public with an annual glimpse into the well being of American children for the past quarter-century.
- Robo-Readers Are Better Than Human Readers
- Hechinger Report: In April of 2012, Mark D. Shermis, then the dean of the College of Education at the University of Akron, made a striking claim: “Automated essay scoring engines” were capable of evaluating student writing just as well as human reader
- How to Get the Most Out of Student-Owned Devices
- MindShift: Allowing students to bring their own devices to class can be a cost-effective way to quickly get access to the internet and to the many useful tools those devices carry. But students don’t always get the chance to use their devices...
- Online Tool Lets Teachers Develop Behavior Plans
- THE Journal: Next month, Rethink will release a new tracking tool for monitoring and conducting behavior assessments that also provides resources to assist in creating and implementing student behavior plans.
- Education Will Boost Chromebook Sales to 5.2M
- THE Journal: Chromebook sales will hit 5.2 million shipments this year, largely on the strength of the education market, according to a new report from market research firm Gartner. That's a 79 percent increase over 2013 sales, and the company predicts...
- 5 Higher Education Skills to Teach K-12 Students
- eSchool News: These unusual skills may seem like things to learn in college, but they should be taught long before…here’s why
- Google's Free LMS 'Classroom' Goes Live
- THE Journal: Google's free learning management system, Google Classroom, is now in full release and is being made available today to all Apps for Education customers.
- Tricks of the Trade
BoE Community Group Activity