- Social Widget
K12HSN Technology News
- Google Time-Saving Tips to Improve Learning
- eSchool News: Experts share strategies to help schools and teachers deliver instruction more effectively with Google tools.
- California Wins Prized NCLB Testing Waiver
- Education Week: After a months-long standoff with the U.S. Department of Education, California has successfully negotiated a waiver that will allow it to largely ditch its state tests this spring in favor of giving only common-core-aligned field tests...
- States Eye Plans to Lower Cost Barriers to College
- Education Week: Persistent worries about the cost of higher education are prompting state leaders to propose a new stream of plans to increase college affordability and expand access for their students.
- Seven New Ed-Tech Tools to Know About
- eSchool News: In just the last month, Austin has hosted two major ed-tech conferences: the Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA) conference and the South by Southwest Education conference (SXSWedu).
- New Teachers Scarce After State Funding Cuts
- Sacramento Bee: Young teachers have become far more scarce in California classrooms after school districts slashed their budgets to survive the recession.
- US Approves California's New K-12 Testing Plan
- Sacramento Bee: Federal education officials on Friday approved California's plan to roll out new computer-based standardized tests this spring, ending a months-long dispute that put the state at risk of sacrificing $1.5 billion in federal school funding.
- Federal Approval of California Testing Waiver
- CDE: State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson and State Board of Education President Michael W. Kirst issued the following statement today regarding the federal approval of California's testing waiver.
- California District Adopts Tablets for Special Ed
- THE Journal: California's Mountain View Whisman School District has deployed 80 tablets to its special education classrooms.
- Torlakson Announces New Online Tools for Educators
- CDE: Educators across California, from those who work with the state's youngest learners to those in high school classrooms, can use several free online professional development tools created by the California Department of Education (CDE)...
- Field Test Flash #9
- CDE: This is the Field Test Flash from the California Department of Education (CDE), providing updates about the upcoming Smarter Balanced Field Test. Please forward these flash announcements to all educators who may want to stay apprised of the latest...
- Teaching in the Abundant Economy of Information
- MindShift: In the past 10 years, perhaps nothing has changed more than the relationship between teachers and the information being distributed in their classrooms. Historically, the role of teacher has always been that of gatekeeper and distributor...
- Tricks of the Trade
BoE Community Group Activity