- Social Widget
K12HSN Technology News
- E-rate Modernization Webinar
- CDE: The California Department of Education and K-12 High Speed Network (K12HSN) are pleased to announce an upcoming Webinar related to E-rate 2.0 and California Teleconnect Fund changes. The Webinar will be on Thursday, September 25, 2014, at 10:00 am
- CTE sheds its stigma
- eSchool News: Career and technical education (CTE) or vocational education: either term used to stir up negative images of students without ambition. But those misplaced reputations are disappearing.
- Seven keys to deploying tablets successfully
- eSchool News: Marc Fanaroff, a special education administrator for more than 30 years, shares his advice on successfully deploying tablets in schools
- W.Va. moves to personalized learning
- eSchool News: Education leaders in West Virginia are moving forward with an ambitious plan to bring personalized learning to students in a statewide effort under an initiative called Project 24.
- Big Year Looms for Common-Core Testing
- Education Week: For four years, schools in nearly every state have been working to put the Common Core State Standards into practice in classrooms, but few have put them to the test—literally. This year, that changes.
- New discount method could help—or hurt—eRate a
- eSchool News: The FCC’s new eRate rules include important changes in how school districts must calculate their discount percentage. Some districts stand to benefit from these changes, while others could see their eRate funding reduced.
- Broadband pilots could serve as models for other s
- eSchool News: Arkansas, Virginia partner with EducationSuperHighway to design a roadmap for bringing broadband to every student.
- Broadband Infrastructure Improvement Grant (BIIG)
- K12HSN: State Schools Chief Tom Torlakson Announces Funding Available to Help Schools With Limited Internet Connections.
- E-Rate News and Updates
- CDE: The conversion from the Calnet 2 to Calnet 3 contract created a unique set of challenges for the E-rate process, specifically relating to the fact that the Calnet 2 contract expired mid-year. If you need assistance related to the PIA process...
- CCSS Flyer for Parents Updated
- CDE: The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) Resources for Parents and Guardians flyer (DOC) has been updated to include additional online resources for parents. You can find this document and more on the Students/Parents tab of the CDE CCSS Web page.
- New CC Channel Videos for Implementing the Math Fr
- CDE: At the July 2014 State Board of Education (SBE) meeting, four local educational agencies (LEAs) were asked to share their early efforts to implement the guidance found in the Mathematics Framework, adopted by the SBE on November 6, 2013.
Initiatives and Programs
- Tricks of the Trade
BoE Community Group Activity
- Standard of the Month
Teachers of the Year
Charter Best Practices