- Social Widget
K12HSN Technology News
- Three new developments in K-12 technology integrat
- eSchool News: The Software & Information Industry Association’s (SIIA) 2014 Vision K-20 report/annual survey reveals that mobile tech, online assessments are key issues.
- A gaming site for science concepts
- eSchool News: The Possible Worlds digital games are designed to help improve student understanding of phenomena that are often the subject of scientific misconceptions.
- 5 ways the Common Core isn’t college-ready
- eCampus News: New brief urges higher education, states to better align Common Core with higher ed practices.
- 10 Steps That Protect the Privacy of Student Data
- THE Journal: CoSN is now offering a free toolkit to help districts navigate the tricky issue of data privacy. Lesson number one: Complying with FERPA and COPPA is just the beginning.
- OpenEd Launches Free Common Core Assessment-Creati
- THE Journal: K-12 educational resource catalog OpenEd now offers a free tool designed to enable teachers to create assessments with the question types required by the Common Core State Standards.
- Report: Teachers Want Metadata Tags on Resources
- THE Journal: The advantage of tagging resources with metadata most commonly cited by educators who responded to the survey was more productive searches, at 60 percent. Access to resources they did not previously know about and faster searches came in 2nd
- SimpleK12 To Host Free Google Tools Event for Educ
- THE Journal: SimpleK12, a provider of online professional development for educators, will host a free webinar series August 9 on the effective use of Google tools and apps in the classroom.
- FCC Releases E-rate Modernization Order
- FCC: FCC Releases E-rate Modernization Order
- States with the costliest teacher attrition
- eSchool news: A new report from the Alliance for Excellent Education (AEE) examines the reasons teachers leave their profession, analyzes the costs of recruitment and teacher replacement, and offers recommendations to help prevent educator turnover.
- 3 secrets to a successful digital transformation
- eSchool News: During the 2013-2014 school year, Archbishop Stepinac High School became an all-digital high school, with each of its 700 students utilizing a fully digital textbook library with more than 40 academic textbooks.
- Make the classroom collaborative
- eCampus News: Catering to today’s students is to ensure your classroom is not only tech-enabled, but allows for efficient and useful collaboration.
- Tricks of the Trade
BoE Community Group Activity