- Social Widget
K12HSN Technology News
- Library for All: Free Digital Content for Develop
- MindShift: Between the high cost of buying and shipping books and the decreasing expense of buying mobile devices and services, connecting students in the developing world to badly needed educational texts and visuals is becoming more realistic...
- Common Core Practice Tests Available Online
- eSchool News: The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, one of two collections of states that are designing online tests aligned with the Common Core standards, has released online practice tests in both ELA and math for students in grades 3-8 and 11.
- We Created an App for our District - You Should
- eSchool News: We’ve all heard the news and seen the numbers. Mobile technology is everywhere, connecting billions of people through smart phones, apps, and tablets—and the industry is growing exponentially.
- Tips on Preparing School Data for the Unexpected
- eSchool News: While student safety remains schools’ top priority during threats of natural disasters such as hurricanes and tornadoes, school administrators and IT leaders must also ensure that they take measures to protect valuable student and school..
- The 4 Pillars of the Flipped Classroom
- THE Journal: Though all classrooms are different, there are four critical elements that successful flipped classrooms have in common, according to a new report developed by the Flipped Learning Network, George Mason University, and Pearson's Center...
- Common Core: Setting the Record Straight
- Education Week: This country was not built by people with low expectations. It was built by great leaders in communities and states who stepped up, sometimes individually and sometimes together, to achieve great things.
- SBAC CDE Update Issue 59
- CDE: The California Department of Education (CDE) Smarter Balanced update is a bimonthly e-mail that reports on current and upcoming Smarter Balanced development activities. T
- Disputed Review Finds Disparities in Teacher Prep
- Education Week: Only a small number of teacher education programs nationally are designed so that new teachers are adequately prepared, concludes a long-awaited and deeply contested independent review.
- White House Issues New School Safety Guidelines
- Education Week: The Obama administration today released comprehensive emergency guidelines for school districts (as well as some others customized to the needs of colleges and universities and houses of worship) that are meant to help school emergency...
- Can Digital Games Boost Students’ Test Scores?
- MindShift: In the past few years, educators have been closely watching the evolution of digital games used for learning. With a huge influx of products — whether they’re individual apps for tablets or an entire suite of software — the market is...
- 5 Reasons To Use YouTube In The Classroom
- Edudemic: If you like to bring multimedia into your lessons (and who doesn’t?) then you probably use YouTube in the classroom from time to time. But there’s a lot to the mega-video site and it’s getting a bazillion hours of video uploaded every minu
- Tricks of the Trade
BoE Community Group Activity