- Social Widget
K12HSN Technology News
- Common Core State Standards Update
- CDE: Common Core State Standards (CCSS) Resources provided by the California Department of Education
- Why School Leaders Should Embrace Social Networkin
- Education Week: A new book for education leaders highlights why the use of social networking is critical for today's education leaders and how this technology can ease school administrators' long list of duties, not add to them.
- CDE Smarter Balanced Update Issue 70
- CDE: The California Department of Education (CDE) Smarter Balanced update is a bimonthly e-mail that reports on current and upcoming Smarter Balanced development activities.
- 13 modern challenges school tech leaders face
- eSchool News: It’s not always about funding, though that’s still a major challenge for the modern school technology leader. A recent forum held for chief technology officers (CTOs) covered a wide range of 21st-century challenges, including one few saw
- 11 Programs for Primary Teachers
- THE Journal: Visalia USD's Patricia "Petey" Smith recently offered up a bevy of recommended technologies designed to help make primary educators' jobs easier and their teaching more effective.
- 7 Steps to Preparing for Common Core and Mobile De
- THE Journal: Trying to implement a mobile device initiative while your district's teachers and staff are preparing for the Common Core online assessments can be like to trying to balance on two wild horses with a single set of reins.
- How Online GED Prep Can Help Dropouts
- THE Journal: Anonymity and the option to work at their own pace attracts students who failed to thrive in a traditional academic setting.
- Will This Website Save Your Library (and Your Libr
- THE Journal: The virtual learning commons could be the secret power that turns your school website into a participatory digital space that serves learning 24/7.
- PISA results yield 4 key actions for U.S. educatio
- eSchool News: U.S. students lagged behind their international counterparts in reading, math, and science, and students' performance remained flat as other countries' students improved, according to much-anticipated data from the 2012 PISA
- 4 questions every tech leader should answer
- eSchool News: Technology has changed the way students learn, and more importantly, it has changed school and district leaders’ roles. But technology and its capabilities are changing at such a rapid pace…
- American PISA Scores Drop
- THE Journal: This global assessment measures how well 15-year-olds do when solving real-world problems in math, reading, and science. Says Ed Secretary Duncan: The results must serve as a "wake-up call."
- Tricks of the Trade
BoE Community Group Activity
Charter Schools Project
and BoE Trainings