- Social Widget
K12HSN Technology News
- L.A. school board OKs $30 million for Apple iPads
- Los Angeles Times: Apple Inc. won a $30-million contract Tuesday from the L.A. Unified School District, paving the way for the company to provide every student with an iPad in the nation's second-largest school system.
- Teacher prep programs an ‘industry of mediocrity
- eSchool News: In a new report that’s already dividing the education community within hours of its release, findings based on eight years of research are supposedly able to rank U.S....
- Benefits of Online, Face-to-Face PD Similar
- Education Week: Online teacher professional development has the same effect on student learning and teacher behavior as more traditional face-to-face models, according to a new research study to be published next month by the Journal of Teacher Education.
- FCC Nominee Appears Before Senate Commerce Committ
- Education Week: Thomas Wheeler, the Obama administration's pick to chair the Federal Communications Commission, pledged Tuesday to support changes to the E-rate that would boost schools' Web connectivity, in a hearing before the U.S. Senate Committee...
- Report Questions States' Return on Ed. Tech. Inves
- Education Week: State education officials have failed to examine whether spending on educational technology is worth the investment, according to a new report from the Center for American Progress, a Washington think tank.
- Library for All: Free Digital Content for Develop
- MindShift: Between the high cost of buying and shipping books and the decreasing expense of buying mobile devices and services, connecting students in the developing world to badly needed educational texts and visuals is becoming more realistic...
- Common Core Practice Tests Available Online
- eSchool News: The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, one of two collections of states that are designing online tests aligned with the Common Core standards, has released online practice tests in both ELA and math for students in grades 3-8 and 11.
- We Created an App for our District - You Should
- eSchool News: We’ve all heard the news and seen the numbers. Mobile technology is everywhere, connecting billions of people through smart phones, apps, and tablets—and the industry is growing exponentially.
- Tips on Preparing School Data for the Unexpected
- eSchool News: While student safety remains schools’ top priority during threats of natural disasters such as hurricanes and tornadoes, school administrators and IT leaders must also ensure that they take measures to protect valuable student and school..
- The 4 Pillars of the Flipped Classroom
- THE Journal: Though all classrooms are different, there are four critical elements that successful flipped classrooms have in common, according to a new report developed by the Flipped Learning Network, George Mason University, and Pearson's Center...
- Common Core: Setting the Record Straight
- Education Week: This country was not built by people with low expectations. It was built by great leaders in communities and states who stepped up, sometimes individually and sometimes together, to achieve great things.
- Tricks of the Trade
BoE Community Group Activity