- Social Widget
K12HSN Technology News
- Ed. Schools Lag Behind Digital Content Trends
- Education Week: Casey Wardynski knew his district had to make a change when he glanced at its crop of history textbooks and spotted one glaring omission.
- Professional Development Needs Reform for Common
- THE Journal: An organization that focuses on advancing professional development for educators has said that it's time for state education leaders to reform their training efforts to address the transition to the Common Core State Standards.
- Twelve Learning Technologies: Horizon Report
- eSchool News: Technologies that enable more personalized learning are poised at the forefront of learning trends, according to this year’s Horizon Report K-12, an annual report that forecasts learning technologies that will have a large impact on...
- Bringing Sensors to the Classroom
- TechCrunch: One interesting element of Google I/O this year were the sensors laid out everywhere around Moscone tracking environmental data throughout the event. Those types of sensors are now all around us, including in our phones and in various smart...
- School Ditches Textbooks for Open Resources
- THE Journal: The Amarillo Area Center for Advanced Learning in Texas is replacing textbooks with digital open educational resources (OER) for its math and science classes using iPads.
- Windows XP Deadline Puts Pressure on Schools
- Education Week: Microsoft's plans to end support for Windows XP, believed to be the dominant computer operating system in K-12 education, could pose big technological and financial challenges for districts nationwide—issues that many school systems...
- Children's Spatial Skills Seen as Key to Math
- Education Week: Preschools and kindergartens long have taught children "task skills," such as cutting paper and coloring inside the lines. But new research suggests the spatial and fine-motor skills learned in kindergarten and preschool not only ...
- Report: 85 Percent of Institutions Allow BYOD
- THE Journal: Eighty-five percent of educational institutions allow instructors or students to use their own devices on institutional networks according to a new survey from Bradford Networks.
- Here’s how to Scale School Innovation
- eSchool News: In a new TED talk, Adam Frankel, creator of Digital Promise, discusses how technology can help scale-up personalized learning and scale school innovation.
- Free School Offering 'cross-subject' Learning
- The Guardian: An unorthodox secondary school offering "cross-subject projects" rather than traditional classroom lessons, is among the latest tranche of free schools to be approved.
- Principal: Educator Evaluation System Unethical
- Washington Post: A few years ago, a student at my high school was having a terrible time passing one of the exams needed to earn a Regents Diploma. She took the test several times, but despite her very best efforts and the best efforts of her teachers...
- Tricks of the Trade
BoE Community Group Activity