- Social Widget
K12HSN Technology News
- 15 Education Leaders to Follow on Twitter
- eSchool News: One of the fastest ways to get breaking news, and one of the best platforms for instant networking, is Twitter. Twitter is replete with people who love to discuss education, technology, and current events.
- Five Ways Teachers Can Use Technology to Help
- Huffington Post: Thomas Edison once said, "Books will soon be obsolete in the public schools... our school system will be completely changed inside of ten years." Amazingly enough, however, one of our nation's most important inventors was proven quite...
- Do New Exams Produce Better Teachers?
- Education Week: It took less than a minute for Mario Martinez to finish the first six questions of the algebra exam that his professor, Ivan Cheng, had just handed to him.
- Best Crowdsourced iOS Apps
- Edudemic: We’re proud to introduce you to a new set of resources we think you’ll enjoy. It’s a curated list of the best education technology resources. But it’s not just organized by us. It’s now YOUR turn to share, vote up, and learn about all.
- Google To Launch Curated Android Education
- THE Journal: Google is taking a new approach to distributing mobile apps in schools. This fall, it will launch Google Play for Education, an Android app store for K-12 schools that will allow teachers to manage apps on their students tablets.
- Student STEM Competition Offers $100,000 Awards
- THE Journal: The Siemens Foundation has opened its annual Competition in Math, Science & Technology. This year's program will offer scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $100,000.
- Moodle 2.5 Adds Open Badges Support, Bootstrap
- THE Journal: Moodle HQ has released Moodle 2.5, a major update to the widely distributed open source learning management system.
- Washington Law Boost AP Computer Science
- eSchool News: Washington Gov. Jay Inslee signed a bill opening the door for schools across the state to count Advanced Placement (AP) computer science as a math or science credit.
- California Struggles to Assess Teacher Programs
- Hechinger Report: On a recent afternoon at California State University, Northridge, Nancy Prosenjak was attempting to quiet the graduate students spread out across conference tables in the back of her classroom.
- Best EducationTweets of the Week
- eSchool News: In today’s social networking world, many people use Twitter to access good information quickly. And the editors of eSchool Media are no exception—we rely on tweets from industry leaders and social media-savvy educators to inform our stor
- What if Finland’s Great teachers taught in U.S.
- Washington Post: Finland’s Pasi Sahlberg is one of the world’s leading experts on school reform and the author of the best-selling “Finnish Lessons: What Can the World Learn About Educational Change in Finland?”
- Tricks of the Trade
BoE Community Group Activity