Brokers of Expertise Help
Brokers of Expertise (BoE) is much more than an incredible place to find and store educational resources—it’s a collaboration point designed to bring together the diversity of talent and expertise of teachers across the Golden State.
Quick Guide: Creating and Managing your Account (pdf)
Quick Guide: Community Groups (pdf)
This online help section is designed to help you make the most of the BOE Web site. Once you’ve set up your account, you can explore the ways in which BOE provides a whole new way to connect with the resources and relationships that can enrich your teaching experience.
Select one of the specific help sections below to learn more:
- Getting started with BOE: Set up your account, check computer software/browser requirements, and get comfortable navigating the site.
- Your profile and account: Personalize your account by editing your profile and password and explore social tools such as the Journal, Favorites, and Shared Resources.
- Communication in BOE: Learn how to collaborate with other BOE members through discussions, comments, and messages, and determine your notification preferences for updates.
- Resources: Discover the best way to find, keep track of, and share the thousands of resources on the BOE site.
- Professional development content: Identify opportunities for professional development in areas such as curriculum, instruction, and evaluation.
- Calendar: Learn how to add events to the BoE calendar and share them with your colleagues and groups.
- People: Learn how to find and communicate with fellow members in the BOE community.
- Groups: Explore, join, and even create groups in the BOE community.
- Standards: Discover tips and tricks for finding resources that support the teaching of standards in the classroom.
- Discussions: View and participate in discussion forums.