Participating in Discussions
When viewing a forum, you have a choice to either view and respond to existing discussion postings, or create a new topic.
Viewing Existing Topics
- Click on a topic name to see messages that have been posted for that topic or post your own message. Note: You need to be logged in to post a message.
- Click “Post Message” to post a new message in the topic, or,
- Click “Reply” to reply to a message in the topic. The Reply link is located just below the picture/avatar.
Create New Topics
- Click on “Create New Topic” to create new discussion topics within a forum.
- Type a title and message for your topic post.
- Create additional posts in the topic as desired.
Clicking on a watch button adds an item to your watch list. You will be notified when new items are posted in the forum.
- Click on “Watch Forum” to add an entire forum to your watch list. You will receive notifications for any new topics or messages posted to the forum.
- Click on “Watch Discussion” to add a specific discussion topic to your watch list. You will receive notifications only when messages are posted to the specific discussion topic.