- Any member of the community may add events to the calendar
and share them with their colleagues or groups.
- To add an event to the calendar, select the Add Event to Calendar option, located in the sub-menu or at the bottom of the BoE Calendar ( ).
- Adding an event to the calendar will take you directly to an event management screen where you can add information such as title and location, provide scheduling details about your event and even indicate whether registration fees will be included ( ). You also have the opportunity to add custom labels for the event.
- Calendar events can include single or multiple days and times ( ). The label field allows you to specify the focus of a particular date or time. For example, a single event may include two meeting dates. Click Add New Date to add an additional date.
- You may require registration for any calendar event.
Events that require registration will include a link for
participants to sign up.
- You can also limit the attendance of an event by indicating a capacity; and you can even establish a required attendance fee ( ).
- If you are requiring registration for an event and need
to collect additional information from attendees, you may use the
“Additional Info Fields” option to create new fields.
- Click “
Add New Field” for each additional piece
of information you wish to collect (
- Type a label, select the type of response desired, and indicate if the field is to be required.
- When you have finished filling out the details for your
event, you will choose to
Add an Event or
Add Event + Share with other individuals or
groups. If you do not share the event, it will be visible
only to you.
- By selecting Add Event + Share, you will be taken to a page where you can choose who, among the BoE community, including those in your groups, you will send the event information to ( ).
- Once an event has been added to the calendar, you will see
the event view as it appears on the calendar. From this
page, you have several additional options on the right side (
Here you can choose to download the event into your
Exchange Calendar, edit or delete the event,
track the roster of participants and presenters, and make other
changes as well.
- The Manage Sharing option allows you to return to sharing options to make the event available to other individuals or groups.A widget called "Group Event" is available in the Group's profile page. This widget allows you to display events shared with a group on the group’s profile page.
For any calendar entry that contains registration (and registered participants) you may download the roster under “Event Roster.” You may download the event roster as a comma separated list that you may open in Excel.