As the creator or leader of a group, you can use the Group Manager to update the group’s profile, restrict access to the group, or invite others to join.
To access the Group Manager, go to the group’s profile page and click the “Manage this Group” link. (If you are not a group leader, you will not see the Manage this Group link.)
The Group Manager Screen contains a series of tabs that provide options to change settings for your group and manage members. The following options are available:
- Main: View a preview of the group’s logo and a link back to the group profile.
- Name and Description: Update the group name, the group’s description, or the About section at any time.
Profile Settings: Control visibility and access
to the group in this area. The following three options are
- Group Membership Type: Choose to make the group private (require an invitation to join), or public (allow anyone to join at any time)
- Group Visibility: Affects how others find your group. Groups can be set up to be Invisible to non-members, Semi-Visible or Fully Visible.
- Quick Link: Establishes a friendly and shortened URL, that can be more easily shared with others. Only Letters (a-z), Numbers (0-9), and the underscore _, period ., and dash - characters allowed. All others will be removed automatically. The friendly link for your group will be http://myboe.org/go/groups/____________ with the quick link you've specified in the blank space.
- Logo: Upload an image for the group’s logo. For optimal results, upload a square image of at least 250 x 250 pixels (larger images will be scaled down to fit).
Join Requests and Invites: Invite members of the
BOE community to join your group. You may also invite people to
become leaders of the group.
To invite existing BoE users, type in the name of a member of BoE. To invite people who are currently not existing members of Brokers of Expertise, enter one or multiple email addresses separated by a comma. This will allow you to send invites to others not currently in the system. One benefit to inviting people to join your group via email is that it consolidates BoE registration and the group joining process into one step.
- Members: Manage membership of the group. You can remove members or promote members to leaders of the group.
- Requests: Approve or deny pending requests for addition to the group. It will also allow you to accept or decline someone’s request to become a group leader.
- Affiliates: Affiliate your group with an institution, if desired. Affiliates allows your group to become linked to other groups or institutions within BoE. This has practical applications in that certain groups can have associated sub-groups. For example, a regional BTSA group can serve as a hub, while Year 1 and Year 2 participants work within affiliated node groups.
- Usage Statistics: Gives detailed information about members access to the resources available through the group.
- Return to your full group profile by clicking on the "Main" tab and then Group Profile.
You will be able to change your group's profile page settings by clicking the Manage Dashboard button located at the bottom right-hand corner of the Group's profile page.
You will then be able to drag any of the available widgets to the dotted regions of your group profile page. Click on the header of existing Widgets and drag them to a new location to change your group's page layout.
Available widgets include:
The Group Event widget allows you to display events shared with a group on the group’s profile page.
The Shared Resources widget allows you to display resources that have been shared with your group.
Once you are done updating your dashboard, make sure you click the Save Dashboard button to save your changes.