Welcome to “Content Literacy for the Technical Subjects”
This professional learning module provides kindergarten through grade twelve (K–12) educators with an overview of the importance of shared responsibility in the development of literacy skills that support student learning of technical subjects, as specified by the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). The module contains activities that promote understanding of the integration of reading and writing in technical subjects in the elementary grades (such as the arts, physical education, world language, etc.) and secondary grades, expanding to include career technical education (CTE) and other technical subjects.
Important: In order to save your work, receive feedback to responses, and obtain a certificate of completion, you must create an account with Brokers of Expertise and log in each time you work within the module. If you do not log in prior to working through the module, your work will not be saved. Please create an account and log in to get started!
- California's Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science and Technical Subjects
- College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards
- Appendix A from the CCSS for ELA/Literacy
- User's Guide
Group Facilitated Only:
- PowerPoint Presentations
- PowerPoint Slides with Presenter Notes
- Participant Packet–Presentation Slides
- Participant Packet–Handouts